Thursday, August 2, 2012

Baby sock bouquet!

Babies! So cute! And the baby showers! Oh so sweet and exciting. A new mama, basking in pregnancy glow.
But one of the things I find hard about baby showers is getting a gift. Sure, you can run to their registered store and pick out a few items, but then you start to wonder. How many baby blankets does the new mama and baby going to get? And sure you can get a cute outfit but its hard to pick a size. You don't want to get the baby something that he could never wear because he already has a mountain of new born clothes. Nor do you want to get something that mama has to keep and store for 6 months to 2 years before he can wear it. So one of things I like giving is baby sock bouquets! Little baby socks rolled up to look like rose, add some fake leaves and you have it made.
I was a new mama once and going to be again at the end of December. The one thing I never had enough of was baby socks. And when I did, I always lost them. And when you are a new mama nursing a tini newborn, who has the time to wash baby socks? much less find and match them! So I liked to have an endless supply of them. So this baby shower gift is nifty, nice on the wallet, and helps a new mama to have an endless sock supply so she doesn't have to sock hunt! She will find them when she does. (Mine almost always where under my bed or in the fridge...don't ask....hormones!)
This one is done in pink, because I have a friend do in October. Hopefully she doesn't read this blog post. :) The socks are just rolled then ajusted a little, before I take tire rap a few time around the bottom for a stem.

I put mine in a mason jar and stuffed green and white sockes at the bottom. Add fake leaves, then place in a cute baby bag or give as is. You can a bow or other greenery if you desire.
You can even add little recieving blanket around the jar like a pretty wrapped pot. That would be cute. Have fun with it.
Anywhoalls, Until another day

Toodles!

3 comments:

  1. Cute idea! You might include a mini mesh laundry bag (perhaps at the bottom of the jar) to help keep those little socks together. They are known for causing problems in the washer. Aunt D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea AuntD! I think I might actually do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how do you give them that compelling reason? By treating this question as an opportunity for your sales pitch. By thinking about what it is that the interviewer wants in a candidate and what it is that they need to hear.

    if you want more just look here "jobs by jobadded"

    ReplyDelete