Sunday, April 22, 2012

Refusal of a new phone!!!

There is fine line between cheap and frugal. Frugal is a hard working someone "investing" time and hard work into saving money, while cheap is somebody who so stingy with money they won't even go out to buy a pair of socks to replace the ones that have so many holes they shouldn't even be considered socks. My friends...sadly I have crossed that line. It doesn't matter how much couponing and deal watching I do, it won't make for the fact I have refused to buy myself a new phone.
Ah! You might say, " Nothing wrong with getting a used one or borrowing an old." or "Just find and old one." You see my dear readers, I have a skeleton in a closet. I am that girl who went through 7 cell phones in one years, both new and old. So my problem is, I don't have old cellphones and everyone is too scared to lend me their old phones afraid to never see them again. Its a sad reality, but it true. I think after the first three the other four decided to commit suicide rather than face my clumsy hands.
However, I do have to say my Pantech is a trooper. This guys has lasted nearly 2 years! And though is screen is cracked, his mic is burned out on some days and other days it makes me sounds like a chipmonk, he still trudges on! One thing I am so proud on my pantech is that I can still text on him. And just the other day, he had the will to survive a pludge from the car roof top as I drove off, forgetting I sat him up there. Yes, this guy is one heck of phone.
And when I am desperate need to talk to someone, my husband have this system. You can't hear my voice but you can hear me press my keys! So we have this secret Morse code thingy going on. It really works! So far 1 beep for yes. 2 beeps for no. 3 beeps means maybe. Lots of beeps mean "STOP! whatever you are doing, it a crazy idea. Don't do it!"
Anyways, while I hold and text from my dilapidated phone, I hope you all enjoy your nice shiny working phones, while I snuggle and hold on to mine. Frugalness is tossed out the door and run for cheap. I refuse to get a new phone of any kind until my Pantech here is down to his last chip!

Anywhoalls, Until another day. Sorry for no pictures.

Toodles :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tasha! I awarded you over at my blog http://aquamarinedreams.wordpress.com/ :)

    ReplyDelete