Thursday, November 14, 2013

Christmas Treasures

I have always loved making things for Christmas. Big bows on gifts, bright ribbons around boxes. Glistening ornaments on the trees and twinkling lights, it is all beautiful!

As I get older I notice certain things become special to me. From traditions to trinkets. Every year my mom and my siblings all bundle up and go pick out and cut a fresh tree. One goofy thing we always do is try to find a Charlie Brown Christmas tree and convince mom to get it. But she has a thing for large towering tree. She convinced she not, because every year she vows to get a smaller shorter tree, but she never does. :P (Love ya mom.)
 And doing cheesy Christmas Santa Pictiures. Do you guys like my beard and red suit? LOL



This is something I made about a year ago. It is my snowman pin I made with gears, wire and beads. It has that romantic industrial feel to it. I love this pin and always wear on my coat or sweater long after Christmas is over. I feel like this is something that will be with me well into my older years. Maybe one day my grandkids will ask wear I got it and how long I had it whenever I bring it out around the holiday time. :)


I think one things modern culture has done to much is commercialize everything. Everyone would admit that and no one can deny that they never fell for the commercialized Christmas scheme at least once. Maybe it was the feel of having to spend more money, or put on bigger party, or do a bigger light display to keep up witht the Jones. This year I plan on making more tradtions. Some will fails and other will stay, but like the pin and the tree I hope to collect more littler precious things, rather than  flashy grand things. Start with a batch of home made cookies or simple putting up a tree instead of a whole lit up house.Whatever floats your boat.

Until Another Day

Toodles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment