Saturday, April 12, 2014

Quotably quotable.

Someone told me they hated this new "trend" of quotes on pretty pictures or neatly designed, floating all around social media. I understood where she was coming from, since many quotes are not even quoted properly or the picture has nothing to do with pictures itself. But I think it wonderful to see these quotes and proverbs floating around. I think they leave a positive message for those who notice it.

Sometimes the pretty flower pictures with  "Live in the moment," is the needed reminder for a mother to slow down and enjoy her children. Or maybe the sunrise with couple walking into it with, "Fight for Love," gives a struggling couple ambition to keep trying. It may seem stupid to others, but for some other person they are just the right words at the right moment. This a trend that actually does no harm, but can help and make people happy. It is something the world could use more off. Here are few of my favorites that floated around facebook.

"I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls."- Audrey Hepburn.

This one is popular. It is simple, but speaks loud. Happy girls are pretty girls. Beauty is placed in such vain things, like to be pretty you must be size 2, with large breasts, with men fawning over you left and right. No, simply be yourself and be happy and you are already gorgeous.

"If you ask me, I think I am a mixture, of what I don't know." -Marilyn Monroe

We all change over time. We can like one thing, then hate the next moments. We grow up, we renew ourselves. There is always something new to learn everyday, which becomes a little part of us. We are not just one title. For me , I am plucky, ambitious, over bearing, loving, out-going, a mother, daughter,etc. The list can go on and and on. 

 "You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you." -Mary Tyler Moore

This one is so very true! Sometimes life has to get a little rough so we can face our fears. You can't run from your problem or expect nothing bad to happen. 

These are pretty short. I like long ones, but I find them hard to remember so my favorites tend be shorter. Anyways, what are your favorite quotes? 

Until another day,

Toodles! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment