Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Organic Poptart and first post!


Some of you may wonder why this strange title, Organic Pop-tart. It’s an odd name, but it has a nice ring to it, but at the same time sounds kinda funny. Organic, which we all know is food grown or made without all the added chemicals, and Pop-tarts…well those are pretty much the sweet sugar filled treat that is the complete opposite! Put those two together and you have the Organic Pop-Tart, which is the perfect phrase to describe my life.
My life is like an organic pop-tart. My marriage with my most wonderful husband is an organic pop-tart. Almost every aspect of my life is an organic pop-tart.
I came up with it, when I remembered the compromise me and hubby made. He loved pop-tarts! I mean loved them! The sweeter the better! And if its ice-cream flavored you freeze them to eat cold! I on the other hand, was flabbergasted! Pop-tarts!?! You mean those sugar, chemical filled dried bread thing with a filling made from who knows what!?! Okay maybe I wasn’t that surprised, I had pop-tarts before, but never regularly. I would say, I probably ate pop-tart maybe one a year, perhaps two. They never really tickled my fancy. And when I learned about all the bad stuff that went into them, that number was nearly gone. Anywhosalls! I, by now went I had met and married Brian, had pretty much assessed what foods I could eat, and what I couldn’t eat and what I had only dreamed of eating. And Pop-tarts were way down on the list, I had totally forgotten about them. How could I give the man I love a pop-tart when it my head I was giving him a dose of cancer causing cells, no matter how tasty and sugar filled they were! After much debate over if I should ever buy him pop-tarts, we settled for organic pop-tarts! Still unhealthy sweet treat you can have for breakfast or a snack, but not filled with a tons of extra chemicals that cause cancer.
Yes, I am married. Not just too any man, the perfect man God set up for me. Though my hubby is far from perfect, far from being prince charming, but he is perfect for me. Bunny, as I call him, is sweet, generous, sometimes eccentric…(okay maybe a lot more than I like to admit) and over all a pop-tart. Filled with sugary sweetness, generous with sugar and calories and comes in many flavors.
So overall, chasing another rabit, this blog is for my everyday as well as my random thoughts of the day or week or whenever I have time. Forgive me if its not all set up or takes time to get it looking nice, it will come as I go along. I hope you enjoy it and have a few laughs watching and reading the life of dysfunctional artist, momi and wify!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I look forward to reading your posts!

    p.s. Organic Pop-tarts ROCK! ;)

    ReplyDelete