Sunday, July 3, 2011

Flowers for yourself




There is nothing better than a day out with my little Strawberry and my good friend. Maybe if it wasn't a bajillion degrees outside it would have been better, but you take what you can get when its summer in here. As our day came to an end, we were in wal-mart, (okay so the day was long gone! It was actually like 1 in morning, but just pretend you see my day ending with a wonderful sunset and cup of tea or something. And wal-mart is not all that romantic, but it a great.)Anywhoalls, our day was coming to an end and we walked by the flower stand as wal-mart and I manged to talk my friend into buying a bouquet of I-think-are-daisy's- but-look-close-enough flowers for herself.

This is a strange habit I having doing, buying myself flowers and telling my friends to buy themselves flowers. No, I am not some sick-romantic (yes, I am) that I am so deprived of flowers that I need to buy them. I just enjoy the fresh scent and look of flowers in my home. For some reason, in my eyes, it just makes things come alive in away. You have a boring old coffee table, bam! A vase and lilies later, that table is gorgeous. An empty window sill? No problem a small old jar and a few dandelions later you have a pretty thing to look as as the sun rays dance in the water of the jar. Can you tell ya I have done that before?

Flowers just make somethings or anything special. Just one of those small things that bring a little joy and a smile to my face an my family when I bring home a small $5 bouquet from wal-mart or maybe a rose I thought of saving from the those stinky gas stations. Or force even forcing my hubby to pull over cause I can't help but pull out my scissors or a pocket knife and start cutting away and making myself of bouquet from those wild flowers on the side of highway. (Those poor people in their cars must think I am crazy)
Anywhoalls, go and enjoy the summer blooms and bring yourself home a flower to enjoy

Toodles

Oh yes and the pictures are of some of the flowers my friend shared with me and some from my Black Hair Papaw house. ( Yes, I really do call my grandpa, Black Hair Papaw.)

No comments:

Post a Comment