Friday, July 27, 2012

Convenience!!!! Such conenience!

So...Another Day...another hot humid day....So hot I am hiding in doors with my sweet tea laying on my daughter's bedroom floor which is blessedly tile flooring, keeping cool. While our daughter crawls in and out of her tunnel, Hubby man proceeds to tell me about the awesomeness of a new xbox slim and how much more convenient it will be. We can listen to music, play movies, play all his games, exercise to it, go online! Which we would then need Internet too go online, which with this awesome bundle deal Charter will give us, we get cable too! That way it saves time handling the new x box by just switching it to the tv and watching whatever show we want. (even though the x box can get it too witch Internet.)(not to meantion that his old one broke a few weeks back.)
As he went on, my pregnant mind drifted off after 10 minutes. my thoughts came to the word Convenience. Such a sweet word. It just works so well and makes life so much easier!
But as I go deeper into thought, to have all this wonderful convenience, you have to work hard for it, because it ain't cheap! And even worse, you have too sacrifice some convenient things you already have to have newer more convenient things!
As my mind went deeper into thought and the sweet tea took its toll or maybe the baby weaving crayons into my hair, I  thought about all our little electronics we have. The GPS was the new thing for a long time. Saved you time for looking up at the map and finding directions. That nifty little screen showed where you needed to go and even offered options for shopping and food joints to stop by along the way to your destination. Now smart phones have built in gps' which saves you time from having to handle a gps.
Heck smart phones even save you the time from having to put on your watch, check your email on a computer, and even light up a lighter at a concert!
I think after my daughter pulled a handful of my hair out and then drooled over my clean shirt did I return to reality.
I gave hubby man my usual escaping answer when I didn't have an answer, "Lets talk about this later, Bunny." and off I went to throw a meal into my wonderful time saving crockpot...such a convenience....yeah and then the rest of my day I used my fancy paper cutter to make cards, (at least i made my own.) My automatic soap dispenser to wash my hands...and the read a book off my ipad....yeah....so
Later on that week we walked out of best buy with a new xbox slim,and Charter is coming to install internet sometime in the coming weeks. We settled for nixing the extra cable bundle and most off the new games he wanted. Wait until they go for cheaper price.
So now I return back to spot this time with ice cold water and allow my daughter to proceed to drop balls on my partially rounded belly, so she can laugh her head off as they roll away.

And my sweet pea taking a nap one day!

3 comments:

  1. She's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Browse job depository for thousands of job offers and find the best suitable position. Fill up your profile with your education and experience, then just apply for a job with one click.

    if you want more just look here "jobs by literaljobs"

    ReplyDelete