Friday, August 24, 2012

Failed caramel, now caramel chocolates!

Another day in the Zaricor household. I have been vlogging a little more and hopefully my blog and vlog can coinside with each other.
I go by Natacreatedartist on youtube and my channel name is nearlynaturalmama. Why I chose that title is pretty much the same reason I titled this blog the organic poptart. :P
Fact is , I am a mama on budget and I can;t afford for al my groceries to be organic nor can I grow this lushious organic garden, I live in an apartment and my back deck can only grow much. :)
But with what I can do, I try to be as natural as I possibley can. I would love to try clothe diapering, but I don't washer or dryer. And since organic diapers are so expensive, I stick with Huggies Pure and Natural. Not as great as clothe diapering, but she doesn;t react to them, made with organic cotten and has less chemicals than other diapers. :)
Also my family love caramels! Soft chewy caramel candy that you savor sucking on. When I checked out you can make it home for relatively much cheaper. I decided to try it out. Hey it would be great to do that instead of cookies for Christmasn this year.....SAdly...I made fancy caramel syrup instead.....
So now I have a 9x9 in pan of caramel syrup. Great for icecream and brownies, but also great to eaet faster and more desserts since there is enough to last a long time. :( I learning how to store it, just in case I make this mistake again. :(
I did find one way that works great.
In these cute chocolate casing, you fill your caramel then deposit them in your tummy to keep them safe.  :P

Anyways until another day

Follow on twitter
www.twitter.com/nataartists

Follow and like the blog as well :)

Toodles!




No comments:

Post a Comment