Sunday, November 18, 2012

Dangers for your child: Violet the Singing Puppy

My daughter has purple singing dog named Violet. This toy is suppose to help learn to count, say your name, sing, dance, etc. Being an educational stuffed toy, I didn't think much about my daughter's companion.

...That was until I spent long hours, upon days, upon weeks listening to the little purple puppy sing....
I find this toy could be hazard to my child's well-being. How I let this go on so long and not see the obvious only shows how crafty and sneaky the toy companies are.

Let me give you a few examples...

This is the lyrics to the whole song, she sing about the morning.

In the morning I rise and shine.
I get out of bed and it breakfast time.
I hear the birds sing a morning tune.

Given the song is obvious about the morning, but in the first verse, one can only wonder what she means with, "I rise and shine." Sure children wake up, they "rise" or get out bed. But the word, "shine" is what can really be interesting point here. Is Violet simply enforcing the positive message of all children being special in their own way? Or does she truly think she can make my child believe and can "rise and shine" like the sun?
If the first, then my child is getting the extra self encouragement she needs as she is growing.
 If it is the second, I must say I am appalled that the toy company would make such deceitful toy!

Going based on the deceitfulness of the toy, she sings another song simalar to the morning song, but only its about the evening.

In the evening as the sun goes down
I brush my teeth and put my pj's on
I hear the birds sing an sleepy tune

First off, what puppy wears pjs!? And since when does a dog brush teeth! The liar is trying to make my child think that the dogs brush their teeth! And since dogs have stinky breath, they must be trying to teach my child that stinky breath is a sign of brushed teeth!!!!

.*gasp* But given the song is to get a child involved in the process of getting ready for bed and good brushing habits, we could look passed this lie. Maybe I have been around the singing pooch for so long I can show some grace. However the last line will be the real kicker.

Yes, scientific studies have shown dogs have keen hearing. Much better than human anyways, however, how does a dog know the birds are singing a sleepy tune? I am sure humans can hear bird as well
Once again we are caused great distress for the well being of my child's mental state. The canine teaches that birds sing sleepy tunes, and from the previous song morning tunes. But the dog fails to explain the difference! Will my daughter spend the rest of her life listening to birds in a deep depression trying to figure out what is a sleepy tune and a morning tune? Will she start think she can super animal mind reading powers that she knows when birds are singing sleepy tunes or happy ones? And is there any other kinds of birds singing tunes?!?! How can the toy company be so cruel to present such in-depth philosophical and psychological subject matter to toddlers!?!

Parents protect your children!!!! We can't stand for this!!!
Sadly there are so many chants and songs one blog post can not contain them all. All I can say with so many sang and chanted to my child, I bet the toy is trying to brainwash her into thinking she telepathic- pj wearing- rising sun- bird- reader!

I will have more to update on this later once I get a chance to leave my home. For now I must watch my daughter's toys carefully. One might try to get her to plot that cheerios are space saucers...

Until another day

Toodles


The culprit in all our troubles!!!



1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! Loved it! I too have suspected Violet of making my child believe that she needs to hug Violet just because Violet is sad!!! Violet needs to grow up and get a job if she's sad. Everybody gets sad Voilet grow up!

    ReplyDelete