Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Modified Babyfood Jar

What do you get with a baby now eating baby food? Lots of empty baby food jars! I just can't throw these cute little glass jars away! So they end up sitting in my craft cabinet until I find the time to modify them for another purpose. While children napped I found just enough time to put a cute jar together!


So what do you get when you have a baby food jar and lots of crafty things? A few hours of fun!!
They make these rub on decals that stick great to paper and glass.You can find them in your scrapbooking isles at any local craft stores. :) I just rubbed one on that had butterflies and the word "Brilliant" in a fun font. Since the decal had blue and purple with green, I

Then I started adding ribbon and trim to decorate the not so pretty looking lid. You can use a hot glue gun to attach things. To me glue gun glue is very stringy and I am clumsy and burn myself to many times. So I prefer to use ModgePodge glue. It takes a little longer to dry than hot glue, but still dries pretty fast and too me leaves a cleaner look.



Glued some flower to the top in the same lovely blue shade.I also glued another ribbon over the trim around the rim of the lid.


I filled the jar with some fake flowers I had used from my wedding. You can also use the jar for storage purposes for buttons or bobby pins.

I liked the jar storage idea for bobby pins and hair things. Maybe I will do a few pink themed baby food jar storage unit for my daughter. And maybe another for a Baby Boy when he gets older to store little things like Legos. Baby food jars also make cute little favor gifts for parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment