Saturday, August 3, 2013

Blue Mason Jar Soap Dispencer

I see these all over Pinterest. With many people showing their own versions and methods of making this soap dispenser, I decided to become one of them and make my own. However, my method was making do with what I had. I had the soap bottle pump and the blue mason with the lid. The tools I used are what I had to work with. :) I also got my blue mason jar from Walmart for $2.50! The size was perfect, the price was right, I could not pass up. I am not sure if all Walmarts carry the blue mason jar, but any jar with fitting lid will work as well. The whole idea is the same. Cut a hole into the lid of the jar and attach a soap pump to it.


There are much safer ways to cut a hole in the metal lid, however, I only had kitchen sheers so that is what I used. You can use a drill or punch littler holes to make bigger hole. It is your choice whichever way you wish to make your hole is up to you and what tools you have. Whatever you do, don't go out and purchase a drill or fancy metal cutters to this project. You shouldn't have to spend tons of money to make yourself something cute for your home.



If you cut it the way I did you will have the sharp jagged edges.


I solved the problem by cutting the circle and into sections and bent them over with pliers to make a smoother edge and make my hole larger for the soap pump.



With a plastic soap pump cut off the little bottle top. The part that the pump screws onto. You will screw this through your metal lid and attach the pump to it.


It will look something like this. No worries about seeing the ugly cut plastic part. The pump willl cover the top of the hole edge and the rim of the lid the screws onto the jar will cover the unperty things. :)


The finished lid will look like this. Fill it with your favorite soap and enjoy the pretty blue mason jar soap dispencer.



Here is a link of someone doing it better than I did, but the idea is still the same. Cut a hole in the lid and attache the pump.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/how-to-turn-a-mason-jar-into-a-109086



Here are more links to people on Pinterest who make their own.

http://pinterest.com/pin/540150549027514159/

 http://pinterest.com/pin/1688918583490665/

 http://pinterest.com/pin/42995371415570647/

This one is really cute and funny! It is great for Halloween. I bet you can somehow make different holiday themed ones as well. :)

 http://pinterest.com/pin/250583166737835956/

Until another day :)

Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment