Sunday, May 29, 2011

Moby Wrap of Death!



Freedom! The sweet taste of freedom!

Yes! This weekend was our first weekend out with baby! The apartment prison cannot contain me. My cabin fever has been cured!
It was wonderful! This weekend started out with a trip to Target! Target! Oh sweet Target! It has been to long! Upon arrival through those automatic red doors, I stepped into the store of where it all started! (Not sure what all started there. But Target is just a really cool store.)

I waltzed right in with my baby girl snuggly secured to the front of my torso, by the really cool Moby Wrap, acting like I had done this many times before, saying ‘thank you’ to all who gawked at my tiny precious bundle of joy. And what made it really awesome was that everyone was totally unaware that it took me about 2 hours before hand to figure out that stink’n Moby Wrap.

Yes, I admit my shame…*hands head* From not listening to wise advise from others, I decided to put off learning how to tie the Moby Wrap, until last minute, right before I am suppose to use it.

I am sure many of you know what the Moby Wrap is, but for those who are dysfunctional and ‘slightly’ smart, like me, the Moby Wrap is a wrap you wear around your torso and have your baby sit or lay down in it. (Or in my case, baby was so small she was swimming in it!) Anywhoalls, unlike a baby carrier you strap on, the Moby Wrap is basically a really long strip of clothe you wrap and tie around yourself and make this funky pocket thingy that your baby sits in…(Hopefully you all can understand funky pocket.)
So there I was with this long….SUPER, long piece of cloth and somehow I am needed to wrap it around me and be secure enough to hold my baby. Simple enough!


…War broke out….

In an instant I was entangled in a web raging black cloth! One end had a hold on me, I had a hold on the other end. Back and forth, to the floor, standing up, twirling around, back to the floor! Quickly I free myself from it, throwing it across the room. (No! I was not throwing temper tantrum…Maybe I was. That thing was evil!) The cloth came back at me, tentacles of raving mad as they wrapped themselves around me. Back to the floor, rolling around; back to my feet; for awhile sporting a turban; tackling the evil wrap; then back to my feet only to be drug down again. FINALLY, after the long struggle, I came out victorious! I had that thing tied around me and I was ready to put baby in it to try a test run! And blessedly, my daughter was napping away and didn’t see her mother waltz with a phantom cloth. I think she would be scared to death and never would use it.

So now! Yes, now I have my baby girl strapped to me. I am ready! I can so do this. All I have to do is take her out for the carseat, wear the Moby Wrap, then put her back in it when we got to Target….*sad face*
Sadly and evilly plotted by the Moby Wrap, my little girl started fussing because she was hungry! Curse you evil Moby Wrap!

Anywhoalls, that is my adventure with my Moby Wrap. Now instead of war, we casually have a dance before we go anywhere.

So I guess I will see you all and God bless

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment