Monday, December 19, 2011

5 days until Christmas!!!! ACK! Gift guide/list ideas!

So I walk by, with tooth brush in my mouth. Tooth paste foaming to make me look like I have rabies and I pass by the calender. On a whim I give it casual glance, see if I missed anything important and on whim my tooth brush fall from my hand. At this moment I thought about grabbing my little girl, who still was sleeping so needed a diatee change at least, race to the car and race to Wal-mart or target and speed shop, because what I saw was there was only 5 day left until Christmas! Luckily, I was spared the embarrassment and didn't race to Target in my jammies and a sleeping baby. For all I know the news that evening could have been, "Rabbid Woman in Atrocious Pajamas attack Local Target"
So after awhile, I calmed down, counted what few gift I had. made a list of what I needed and what gift I was working on, then decided to make a list/guide/ ideas whatever you want to call for you all to help you. If you anything like me, hopefully this helps, or you can point and laugh at my tartiness.


Here is a simple list/ guide to help ya.

Grandma/ Mom/ Special Aunt/ Sister:

  • · Scarves! Not a winter scarf, one of those fashion scarves. This is really easy to find, reasonably priced and can be given to any lady in your family. They come in many designs, lengths and styles, you can find one for each lady on your list.

  • · Teacups! I know people say “gentle-use” item are big no-no at Christmas, but who set this rule? Vintage or Antique tea- cups are pretty, reasonable priced and be can filled with some tasty tea and wrapped with a pretty tea spoon to match. These can be found at antique shops or thrift stores.

  • · Gift card. I am not against gift cards at all. Just make sure they are gift cards to places they can get too. Nothing is worse than getting a gift card and the store is out of state!

Dad/ Grandpa/Uncle/ brother:

The guys are little harder. And the thing is, if any of your are like me, giving an Ipod or Ipad, the latest video game etc, etc would be great!...but I don’t have few hundred dollars laying around to be spending money like that! So I have few ideas lined up.

  • · Older video games. After a video game has been out for while the price drops from the scary $60-$100 dollars down to a reasonable $10-30. So instead of the latest gears of War or Halo game, find out if they would want the first game in the series or maybe a game they wanted to try out but never got around to it.
  • · Quirky t-shirts! “You are looking at Awesomeness” or “I do my own stunts” t-shirts are easy to find and always get a good laugh. There are plenty to choose from just funny saying to cute little picture of ninja squirrels with a saying, “Careful or I will sick my ninja squirrels on ya!”
  • · Comic books! For the nerd your life, you can stop buy a comic book store or book store and find a few comic books. Try something you never heard of so it gives them variety or something new to read!
  • · Gift cards! Always easy!

Kids/niece/nephew/ kids you babysit:

Do not get the latest toy! Why? Because someone is probably got it for them already and that is more money that you probably don’t have.

  • · For the little girl in your life! Dress up clothes! What little princess doesn’t like a pretty dress? Easy to find and very abundant during the holidays. Toss in a crown and don’t forget that feather boa!
  • · Remote control car for that little guy. They are always fun and like my little brother they go through them quickly, so to have another one is always fun.
  • · Gitft card to Toys-R-Us! I remember getting those! I loved it!

Boss/Friends/Everyone else pretty much:

  • · Journals. Your friend may not journal, but pretty books with blank pages are inspiring to start writing something. They are also handy to have on hand to jot down notes…Or late minutes Christmas lists, because you forgot! :P
  • · Classic Books. Jane Austin Novels, War and Peace, Edger Allen Poe, are classics and great in any library or to start a personal library.
  • · Cozy blankets! Those really soft ones! You can find one reasonably priced, pretty patterns and colors, and even find some that come with sleeves!
  • · Quirky mugs. Everyone has mugs, but they can get a chuckle if you get them a funny one. Here's is an idea. By a white mug and draw a smile face on it and there ya go! :P
  • · Gifts cards!

I hope this guide/list gives you a few ideas. You can go out and just buy a lot of gift cards, but this gives a little personal touch and shows you at least spent time into their gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment