Wednesday, January 11, 2012

God, Politics, and the debateal radio


Not to be a toad about politics, but one thing that gets on my nerves is watching good people, even great friends bicker about who should win the presidential elections, who stances are better, which is which,
 who is who, bickering left and right until they reach the point where they sound like political debate themselves. It’s like the elections come around and suddenly everyone has an opinion and must defend it and make a stance like they are taking on the world. (Not sure why you think the world is against you. I just don’t think your opinion is that important to battle so fiercely.)


One of my favorites that I hear from people is “I don’t care about the elections! I don’t even care about voting!”  Then after they proclaim this to the world, they proceed to explain how they have right to not have to vote, then state every reason why they should not vote, then provide the sources of how their vote doesn’t count and then debate on how voting should be run, but it’s still totally useless to vote anyways.
My most favorite to watch is the people who debate pretty much no one. The air is just that opinionated. I love my Daddi, but humorously he is one of these people. Once the elections come around, you can hear the groan from my parents’ house. Now no one actually debates my dad. We all did just once and never do it again. We just sit there and watch as Daddi debates the radio, he debates the articles he just read, and he will even debates the movie he watched. (Apparently Celeron, from Lord of the Rings didn’t have a good back up or understanding how his evil rein of tyranny effected all his subjects!)
Now of course we should take our elections seriously. These are potentially the future leaders of our nations. We shouldn’t take the matter lightly, but we don’t have to get our undies in a knot over it.
First and foremost yelling and debating at our future rulers will do nothing. Especially when we yell at them through the television.) The best answer is always a gentle one. Pro 25:15 With patience a ruler may be persuaded, and a soft tongue will break a bone. No need to take out pitch forks and tortures just yet to over throw everyone!
Another thing, as Christians we must remember, whoever is placed over us was established by God. All of Romans 13 pretty much explains this, but verses 1-2 say “Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.”  
Now, I am not trying to start a debate here with anyone, nor am I going to share my personal opinion of politics. You can all do that with your televisions and radios, but I just want to share what the Bible says about it. 


Also a random picture of my sissy with my Strawberry!

No comments:

Post a Comment