Friday, January 20, 2012

I made a wallet!

Well what do you on a Friday afternoon with nothing to do? Well for me I craft. And of course, of all time I have to try something. I swear there are too many things to do in the world,especially in the art department! I already been doing a lot of beading lately, so today I decided to try my hand in leather work. You all have probably seen those hand crafted leather products. Those wallets, bags, sadles, etc. You thought how awesome the were and then you looked at the price...and the smile vanished faster then you could say "genuine leather". (you just said tahat as fast as you could didn't you? :P )

Anywhoalls after about 2-3 hours of labor, searching for the right tools and matching, extra leather pieces, I have before my new wallet! Made with leather and sewn together with leather! With a cute little snap button! Very proud of it. Now that I have tried this, I think will go for wrist bands. !!!

See? It hold my one dollar quite nicely, I think. My friend wanted to try and make leather cuffs and bracelets which I think will be a lot easier then wallets. :D
Anywhoalls, I hope you all have nice day and until next time!

Toodles!

2 comments: