Sunday, October 14, 2012

Christmas Button Card Craft :)

Hello everyone! Its that time of year to start thinking about Christmas. And for me, it time to break out the paper and glue and make Christmas cards. But if you are like me, my time is short and so I need to make cute Christmas cards without it taking up too much time. So as much I love the embellished, hidden pocket, flowered and ribbonfied cards, I have to settle for simpler and faster made cards that are still as cute. :)
The supplies you will need to make these cute button Christmas cards are

Supplies:
Double sided themed card stock
Buttons. Varies sizes and colors work and are more fun.
Twine or kitchen string
Glue
Scissors
Christmas message stamp or pretty hand writing :)
First measure your card to be 4 1/4x 5 1/2 inch cards. You can make them bigger, but I found this size to be much nicer and easier to work with. If you can tell on the left, I used ink to distress the edges to give the card more simplistic homemade look. :)



 Next place and glue your buttons down. I found it easier to use glue dots for the buttons. Also make sure you leave enough space for stamp to leave your holiday message on the front. You can stamp first if you like and then arrange the buttons around it. Its entirely up to you.
 Then measure and cut your string so it meets the top of your button and to the edge of your card at the fold. Leave a little extra for easier handling. You will cut that off later after the glue is dried
 Some of them I tied bows at one end. :)

 This part is the trickiest. Glue the string down. I just uses stick glue and rubbed it across the string then laid it down where is suppose to go. The buttons and strings should look like the picture above.
 As the glue is drying you can stamp or write your holiday message  in the empty space. I hand wrote "Merry Christmas" in because it added to the simplistic look.
 Once the glue is dry cut the extra off and there ya go. A cute and simple care for you to give to someone you love.
Here is another simple idea for Christmas card is to use Christmas themed or colored card stock and then using a ribbon to glue down an tie a bow in the center. It look like a little present. Here I used lace ribbon, which gives it an old time gift look.
I hope you enjoy these ideas and enjoy making them.

Craft away my friends and enjoy your day

Toodles

1 comment: