Thursday, June 20, 2013

Red, White, & Stars

The last few months have been busy! With my friend getting married I am surprised I have been able to keep track of anything. However looking at my calender I found Independence Day is just around the corner! Since I never had an official celebration at my own place so Hubby and I decide to celebrate the 4th of July at our place this year.

So I am putting together some recipes and crafts to go with the party. So as I craft and cook I thought I would share my ideas on my blog and maybe in my vlog on YouTube.

I am always one for favors at a party. They are not just for wedding and children's parties, they can given anywhere. Its a  little token or thank you gift saying you appreciate that they came and enjoyed themselves, and the go home with a smile :)

So I thought little organza bags with old fashioned candy in them would be cute. I don't have the candy in them yet, since candy doesn't last long at my place, so I will get that closer to the 4th of July. To be a little more patriotic, I have sewn little stars on the bags.



 I got the organza bags from Dollar tree. It was package of 6 for a buck.

The stars I cut out without a pattern. I found the stars looked more old-fashioned and adorable with the not so neat cut.

And I simple sewed a circle in the center of the stars to the bag. I thought about using blue or red thread, which you can do if you like, but I found the gold went with the old fashioned theme. :)

I am probably going to fill them with red, white , and blue taffy with maybe some caramels for people to take home.

Well more ideas and posts to come.


Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment