Friday, July 12, 2013

The Potty Chronicles- Training My Toddler

Lets face it! We were all potty trained at one point. Sure it was scary for us, if we could remember that far back. The potty was a whole new concept. We go from wearing our comfortable strap on toilets, to this white porcelain throne! And by golly it is no royal treatment. In a toddler's eyes, the parents probably go from  loving and adoring adults, to terrifing, tribal savages forcing the little tykes on into the flushing fiery and then chant sacrificial songs, "Pee pee in the potty! Pee pee in the Potty!"And after escaping the near death expeirence and being swirled away, adults proceed with praise of a job well done.

What!? Give me a pat on the back for job well done for escaping death which you sat me on?


But setting tha aside, now as a parent training my own child to use the potty, I can see why people have said potty training will be one of the hardest lessons to learn from both ends. Baby girl is doing things in leaps in bounds, but when it comes to using the toilet...well....


We got the flushing part down. After weeks of showing her that flushing is not scary, she loves to flush the potty now.

We learned to sit on the potty and sing while we wait.

We learned the concepts of toilet paper.

We learned about panties, and when you have an accident, you change into a new pair of panties. (My Little Pony Panties preferably.)

And even got the concept of poo-poo  and pee-pee go in the potty...

...We just never do it in order...ever....

I have now been reduced to trying crazy people methods...I am not sure I can make it

Here's a cute picture of my son.

Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment