Thursday, July 4, 2013

4th of July PARTY!!!

Happy Independence Day Everyone! I just thought I would share some of things we are doing for the 4th of July.
We are having BBQ at our place this year and invited close friends and family over to eat and set off fireworks. Luckily we live in an area where we are allowed to set off fireworks. :)
I didn't deck my house like crazy. I save the kind of decorating for birthday parties. However, I like to do a few things in our nation's colors of red, white, and blue. :) Most of the stuff I did was with ribbons. Ribbons are great because you can use them just about anywhere

I already them as my regular ice trays, but they sell these anywhere during the 4th of July season. They are a cute added detail for cold drinks.
Back to ribbons you can tie them around anywhere. Here I tied a blue ribbon around a red basket that I am using for napkins. :)
I always like giving favors at parties. Even small simple ones like today. It is a gift that say, "Thanks for coming and celebrating with us." These are simple cardboard toilet paper tubes wrapped in tissue paper and then filled with old fashioned caramels. And you guessed it, I used ribbons to tie at the ends and white ribbon to decorate the centers.
I know as unhealthy as soda is, I could not help but drink a extra one to have a few of these red metal cola bottles. I got these from my friend's wedding last Saturday. With a simple blue button, I threaded a thin white ribbon through the button holes and tied a bow around the bottle. and Viola' a simple decorative piece to put on a table.
Add some white daises and you have pretty centerpiece for you table :)
Now I can't really do much to my deck, but I put up a strand of outdoor lights to add some light for when it get dark outside and we got to set off fireworks.(Yes those are staples holding the wire down, do not worry! It was not through the electric wire, it was just to keep it down for the time being.)
This is probably one of my favorite things to do with ribbon. I already had the blue pillows, but as red ribbon, cut the ends, and you have festive pillows :) 
Throw a few lawn chairs outside, light up the fire pit and grill, and enjoy the evening! 
We'll be enjoying some good BBQ, and Hubby-man's special treat homemade funnel cakes! 

Until another day, Happy Independence Day!

Toodles

1 comment:

  1. very nice and the coke bottles were a great idea

    ReplyDelete