Saturday, January 4, 2014

I DIY'd my own Toddler Bed :)

Well not even a week into the New Year and it has been quite a productive week here at my house. My son, Baby Boy, just turned one. No longer a tini guy, it is about time he starts moving into a bigger bed.  He is not quite old enough to sleep in a toddler yet, but I thought it would be a good idea to get him one now to start introducing it to him.

Let me tell you, it is no easy task finding a toddler bed. My daughter never had one because a friend gave us nearly new twin size bed. I thought maybe I could buy a cheap plain one at Wal-mart for 30 dollars. I am mama on budget so 30 dollars was pretty much my budget for bed my child will probably one use for 2, maybe 3 years. Well Wal-mart had their cheapest for double the price. Gritting my teeth for the moment, an idea popped in my head to buy from Craigslist! Surely there would be an unloved toddler bed that someone wanted out of their space. I could probably get one for even cheaper than 30 dollars. And I was right as well as wrong. Most beds under 30 were either pink or in the other state. If it wasn't those two, these toddler bed were priced at 100 dollars or more. (I don't care if the frame is from Pottery Barn. It is a toddler bed! )

Then my artistic and crafting brain starting turning. A quick visit to Pinterest, measuring, a few design tweaks and I was off to Lowes to purchase all I needed.

Behold my toddler for under 30 dollars. :)  Now all it needs a coat of paint, but for now the sanded edge, clean look will do.
 

It actually not to difficult to assemble and very sturdy. :)
It is kiddie approved and ready to use. Here is the design I followed from Pinterest. I did a few tweaks, but this was the basic idea. This blogger did an awesome job and thank her for instructions. Here's was around 40 dollars to make, but I assume the price can vary depending on how much you have to purchase yourself. Also here is a tip. Just have Lowes or Home Depot cut your wood to the sizes you need. Much easier and time saving than doing it yourself.

Instruction for Toddler Bed.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Simple-Stylish-Toddler-Bed-for-Under-40/step1/null/

Enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment