Thursday, January 16, 2014

Keep up the great work! Keep going!

How have you been doing on your New Year Resolutions? I hope you have gotten a little farther than the first week. If you are anything like me, you probably gave up on some of your goals by now. However this is not the case for this year! 
Earlier this year I told myself that I really wanted to get back into my art work, painting especially. With children and hubby in school it takes time and work and oil painting is not a little craft that ca whipped out with minutes. I was surprised I was able to get even four painting done so far.
You heard that! Four painting in the 3 weeks of the New Year! In honor of the new Hobbit movies that have been coming out I decided to paint a Hobbit hole. It looks so quaint.
This one reads, "Stand with me in the rain" I love the romantic feel and the cool tones. 

And then my flower paintings. I love doing close-up paintings of flowers. The Poppy flower one is special to me. The rose is not finished yet, but it was just a random rose I decided would look pretty. If you look at my youtube channel or older posts, you will see some of my older work. My older pieces hang around my place, but I thought I need some new pieces to hang up. 

Doesn't it feel great to find yourself succeeding in your goals? Actually getting my paintings out from head and into person always inspires me to paint more, but also just to keep chugging along.  Sometimes we just need a little inspiration to keep going. Sometimes even if we get half way there, like maybe instead of losing 20 pounds, you lost 10. You still did a great job if you stop now, but you will do even better if you keep going.   

I hope you all find the inspiration to keep going!

God Bless


Toodles

I


No comments:

Post a Comment