Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A Moment with a Grocery List

So caught my son scribbling all over my grocery list I had just finished. I left the room to put some clothes away and there he was in a chair scribbling over my list that took my about an hour to put together between seeing what I already had, what recipes I wanted to use and what I needed. I smiled at him and decided to take pictures of his little adventure.

Then I remembered how not so long ago, I would have been little upset about that list. Especially when my daughter was a little stinker. Not that i would have yelled and disciplined her. But i would have picked her up and moved her along because I didn't have time to deal with scribbles. I had daily work to do. As I got older though, I always made new weekly grocery lists. I only had one my one daughter that one moment before she off doing something different. I realized I was putting a lot pressure on getting things done and keeping up in life rather than laughing at small goofy moments and enjoying my life.


Breathe: Just take am moment to breathe sometimes. For me this is always a first step to slowing down time and taking the time to enjoy what was around me. I stopped trying to race off to the next task and took just a second to breathe.

Level Thinking: Can you really have the kids dressed and fed, yourself primped and pressed with then house cleaned, chores done and bills paid and ready to head out the door for the day all before 8 a.m, all with a good nights sleep before hand and doing that every single day? If you can, email me because I want to know your secret! Now take that breathing moment you just had and apply a level head. Can you really do the dishes and organize your kitchen cabinets all at the same time? Or can the clean dishes be done now and organizing the cabinets be done later? Level thinking after breathing really helps you see what is reasonably possible to get done and what is just plain crazy to try attempt.

That pause to breathe and level thinking helped me see that my son doodling on my grocery list may damp my grocery shopping time later one, but again I always make new lists. I only use this one  time before it goes in the trash. I only have my son the way he is now for one instance before he off doing something else.

Enjoy it!: Enjoying laughing at the goofy things you end up being in. Laugh at the fact you really need sleep and you are trying to make your house perfect. Then grab your kids and take a break and spend the day in bed. There are more days to clean a house. Take the moment to whip out your phone and snap the picture of your daughter making a mess as she attempting to make a sandwich by herself. or the moment your child expresses his art, like mine! :P



Sometimes part of enjoying life is maturity. When my daughter was born I was a young parent who had high ambitions. Trying to keep up with the moms who looked like that had it together kept me on my toes to the point of tears some days. As I started losing the days of my baby girl, I realized things had the change, and I also realized that I didn't have to have it all together. And honestly most mothers really didn't care how well I ran my own life. They were too busy with there own to notice me. So take a breathier and let you kids be kids. Enjoy the messes and follow after those little pattering feet on their small adventures.

Until another day

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment