Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Kneeling: An Example for My Children

He had spilled his grape tomatoes across the floor right after purchasing them. I was in the middle of bagging my own groceries while trying to keep my 4 year old daughter close to the cart and my son entertained. By instinct reaction, I turned and knelt to start picking up tomatoes. Before me I had a good mother who always had us help out others whenever she saw a chance. I don't remember being 3 and picking up dropped change for people, but according to my mom, I did. Then it happened, my daughter proclaims loudly, "Oh no! Here let me help you." Then races over to help him pick up tomatoes. The moment lasted only a few seconds, but it left a huge impact on my heart. My daughter was learning from my example.

In our every day we sometimes forget to see what is right under our noses. With the man in the store he was right next to and it obvious what had happened and he needed help. However what if it had been three check-outs down? Would I have done the same? I sure hope would if and I hope my children would be there to see that example. I would want them to grow up to be that person who goes goes out of their to help someone, from rather it someone one right next to them or someone at a distance. However a big part for them to grow and be that person who rushed to help, I need that might myself continuously.

Just simple thoughts for today.

Until another day

Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment